Telephone: (607) 664-2199
Hours: Tue - Fri 8 am - 1 pm
The County Historian is responsible for collecting and preserving materials pertaining to the county's history. This includes documents and maps of the county. The historian's office is located within the Steuben County History Center on the main floor of the Magee House, located at the point of West Morris Street and Cameron Street, in Bath, New York.
Items available in this office include:
(There is no charge for the use of the services of this office. A charge is made for copies, however.
- Genealogical records
- Steuben County census index
- Steuben County burial records and printouts on request
- Many Steuben County newspapers from 1831-1960 on microfilm
- Indexed Abstracts of Steuben County Surrogate records of probate 1790-1900
- Steuben County Bicentennial bells for sale
- Books for Sale