JOHN & PHYLLIS MARTIN
John was one of the original faculty members of CCC when it opened in 1958; in 1972 he was named Deputy Director for Administration of the Corning Museum of Glass; Phyllis was Director of the Corning-Painted Post Historical Society's first museum at the old Baron Steuben Hotel in Corning. When the society purchased the derelict Benjamin Patterson Inn building in1976, Mrs. Martin became its founding Director and was responsible for its rehabilitation to its present condition. As a team, Phyll and John worked on the Patterson Inn project, have written several books, the last being "the Lands of the Painted Post." So it's easy to see why they don't often refer to them separately, but usually as "Phyll and Jack" or the Martins.